BIA (Black Incubator and Accelerator) offers tiered capacity building for Black-led organizations providing services to the South and West sides of Chicago. BIA offers up to $10,000 in funding for professional development and capacity building; 1:1 support to expand skills such as grant writing, board development, budgeting; networking opportunities and more.
Incubator: pre-501c3, in development stage of concept, business plan, and board development in progress
Incubator+: 501c3 application in the works, clear concept and business plan, board development in progress
Accelerator: 501c3 attained, clear concept and business plan, board established, working towards paid employees and balanced budget
BIA is recruiting for the 2022-2023 cycle!
The 2022-23 info session will be held 9/15/22 at 12pm central.
Please reach out to Jessi Dehlin at email@example.com with any questions about BIA.
- Black-led (President, CEO, Director)
- Serves communities of color, particularly Black transgender women, Black men who have sex with men, and Black cisgender women;
- Primarily serves the South side (Douglas, Grand Boulevard, Greater Grand Crossing, Hyde Park, Kenwood, Oakland, South Shore, Washington Park, and Woodlawn) and/ or West sides (Englewood, West Englewood, Chicago Lawn, West Lawn, Austin, North Lawndale, South Lawndale) of Chicago;
- Offers or plans to offer community services: HIV-related direct services, such as HIV testing, treatment, PrEP care; referrals to supportive services, such as housing, mental health, employment, education; outreach and other supportive programming
- Open to receiving and participating in a 12-month capacity building program.
Learn more about our 2021-2022 BIA Organizations:
BIA Organizations are in collaboration with our Paid “JUMP!” Internship. Learn more here.